Students must meet the following requirements to be considered for admission to the Peter Lougheed Leadership College and the Certificate in Interdisciplinary Leadership Studies:
- Students must be current University of Alberta undergraduate students or transfer students who have been accepted into a degree program. After-degree students will be considered on a case-by-case basis and are only eligible for the Certificate in Interdisciplinary Leadership Studies with the permission of their faculty. Education and Augustana students are currently ineligible for entry into the 2017-19 cohort as per the faculties' decisions.
- Normally have completed a minimum of 45 credits and a maximum of 84 credits toward their current degree, including courses in progress at the time of application. Applicants with fewer than 45 credits or more than 84 credits should contact PLLC before applying. Applications will only be accepted with the faculty permission to participate form.
- While the Certificate in Interdisciplinary Studies GPA requirement is satisfactory academic standing, a competitive GPA to enter PLLC is 3.0.
- Faculty Permission to participate in the program. (Waived for Faculty of Arts students.)
Students who apply to the Peter Lougheed Leadership College are required to submit the following:
- Completed copy of the Faculty Permission to Participate Form (waived for Faculty of Arts students)
- Current Resume
- A copy of their most current transcripts (unofficial transcripts from Beartracks will be accepted)
- A letter of reference
- The online application form