Certificate Program Requirements
Students must meet the following requirements to be considered for admission to the Peter Lougheed Leadership College and the Certificate in Interdisciplinary Leadership Studies:
- Students must be current University of Alberta undergraduate students or transfer students who have been accepted into a degree program. After-degree students will be considered on a case-by-case basis and are only eligible for the Certificate in Interdisciplinary Leadership Studies with the permission of their faculty. Augustana students are currently ineligible for PLLC as per the faculty's decisions.
- Normally have completed a minimum of 24 credits and a maximum of 84 credits toward their current degree, including courses in progress at the time of application. Applicants with fewer than 24 credits or more than 84 credits should contact PLLC before applying. Applications will only be accepted with the faculty permission to participate form.
- While the Certificate in Interdisciplinary Studies GPA requirement is satisfactory academic standing, a competitive GPA to enter PLLC is 3.0.
- Loran and Schulich scholars receive automatic acceptance.
- It is important to seek advice from your advisor to ensure that the certificate can be completed within the constraints of your degree program. Please ensure that you meet with an advisor in your Faculty to determine if/how the PLLC courses and stretch experience might fit.
Students will take four 3 credit courses as part of PLLC:
- INT D 301: Foundations of Leadership | offered by the Faculty of Arts*
- INT D 306: Topics in Leadership | offered by the Faculty of Agricultural, Life and Environmental Sciences
- INT D 406: Capstone Leadership Project | offered by the Faculty of Science
- INT D 407: Workshops in Leadership | offered by the Alberta School of Business
*Is a prerequisite for all other PLLC courses. Course also open to students outside of the certificate.
Students who apply to PLLC are required to complete an online application. After applying, short-listed applicants will be invited for an interview.
The next application period will open in Fall 2019.