Students must meet the following requirements to be considered for admission to the Peter Lougheed Leadership College and the Certificate in Interdisciplinary Leadership Studies:
- Students must be current University of Alberta undergraduate students or transfer students who have been accepted into a degree program. After-degree students will be considered on a case-by-case basis and are only eligible for the Certificate in Interdisciplinary Leadership Studies with the permission of their faculty. Augustana students are currently ineligible for entry into the 2018-20 cohort as per the faculties' decisions.
- Normally have completed a minimum of 45 credits and a maximum of 84 credits toward their current degree, including courses in progress at the time of application. Applicants with fewer than 45 credits or more than 84 credits should contact PLLC before applying. Applications will only be accepted with the faculty permission to participate form.
- While the Certificate in Interdisciplinary Studies GPA requirement is satisfactory academic standing, a competitive GPA to enter PLLC is 3.0.
- Faculty Permission to participate in the program from your Faculty Approver (waived for Faculty of Arts students).
Students will take four courses over two years as part of PLLC:
- INT D 301: Topics in Leadership | *3 credits | ALES
- INT D 306: Foundations of Leadership *3 credits | Arts
- INT D 406: Capstone Leadership Project | *3 credits | Science
- INT D 407: Workshops in Leadership | *3 credits | Business
Students who apply to the Peter Lougheed Leadership College are required to submit the following:
- A current resume
- A copy of their most current transcripts (unofficial transcripts from Beartracks will be accepted)
- Contact information for a character reference
- The online application form
After applying, short-listed applicants will be invited for an interview.
Applications to the 2018-2020 cohort have closed.