Certificate Program Requirements
Offered as an embedded academic program, the Certificate in Interdisciplinary Leadership Studies is designed to be completed in conjunction with most undergraduate degrees offered by the University of Alberta and for no additional cost. The program features a variety of leadership courses, students participate in a Stretch Experience, and have the opportunity to participate in a robust mentorship program, as well as to receive one of the many awards offered by PLLC. The program culminates in a graduation retreat! More details about the program as well as admission requirements can be found below.
Undergraduate students may apply to pursue the Certificate in Interdisciplinary Leadership Studies by meeting the following requirements:
- Submitting the application form and all supporting documents by the application deadline.
- Students must normally have completed a minimum of ★30 and a maximum of ★84 towards their degree including courses in progress during the term in which they apply;
- After-Degree students will be considered on a case-by-case basis depending on the room they have in their programs to accommodate the Certificate;
- Students must be in satisfactory academic standing in their degree program at the time of application (a competitive GPA to enter this program is 3.0);
- Students must be current University of Alberta undergraduate students, or transfer students who have been accepted to an undergraduate degree program at the University of Alberta.
Students who do not meet one or more of the above eligibility requirements, but are interested in applying, are encouraged to enrol in INT D 301 and contact the Peter Lougheed Leadership College to discuss a potential application. Note: It is important to seek advice from your advisor to ensure that the certificate can be completed within the constraints of your degree program. View the Certificate in Interdisciplinary Leadership Studies on the University Calendar.
Students who apply to PLLC are required to complete an online application. After applying, short-listed applicants will be invited for an interview.
Apply between September 8 - November 22, 2020 to start the program in Winter 2020. Interviews for this application period will be held the week of November 30 - December 4, 2020.
The deadline to apply to begin in Fall 2020 has now passed. Applications will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.