Research interests include ignition and combustion phenomena applied to engines, heat transfer and energy conservation in housing and evaluating protective clothing. Current and recently completed research projects are:
- The Alberta Home Heating Research Facilit
- Investigations into envelope energy losses, heating system performance, super window performance, moisture migration problems etc. for housing in the Canadian Prairies.
- Evaluating Protective Clothing for Use in Flash Fires
- An instrumented mannequin has been constructed with 110 heat flux sensors embedded in its surface. The data is input into a computer code which calculates the potential skin damage resulting from a controlled flash fire.
- Development of starting aids for methanol fuelled spark ignition engines.