The IHIP Team Members provide Indigenous students and applicants who are planning their professional health sciences degrees with the following services:
- Assistance and facilitating during the admissions process.
- Indigenous applicants must meet all academic qualifications when applying for professional health sciences programs.
- The IHIP Administrator will assist with the admissions process and connect applicants to available supports.
- Students are given the opportunity to visit the campus early in the application process.
- During the applicant interviews (where applicable), at least one of the panel members will be of Indigenous descent.
- Applicants, students and interviewers are invited to a supper after the applicant interviews.
- MCAT Prep.
- The IHIP Team can assist with getting applicants enrolled in available supports.
- IHIP Team Members are available to meet with applicants as they require.
- IHI and Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry activities
- The IHIP has programs and curriculum available for primary and secondary education students. Indigenous schools should enquire at email@example.com
Health Horizon Days
Portable Science Experiments
Student visits and activities on campus
- Events take place throughout the year to celebrate academic achievements.
- Recruitment and school fairs.
- Primary Focus on Health Sciences and promoting interest in health careers.