The University of Alberta offers a number of benefits to its clinical faculty. The most exciting is the opportunity to work with and mentor young learners at all stages of medical education. Information and learning resources are some of the other benefits outlined below.
If you are interested in educating the next generation of medical professionals, please contact the Office of Rural & Regional Health for more information.
All clinical faculty members are issued a University of Alberta ONEcard. It is used as general ID on campus and will provide you with access to a number of different services, such as the U of A Libraries.
Clinical faculty members have access to the majority of library services. These services include printer access, use of the university’s subscription to full-text online journals and searchable for articles and resources.
Email and Web Access
All faculty members are provided with a Campus Computing ID (CCID), which offers the recipient a secure email address and one gigabyte of storage. Faculty members also have access to university computer labs and networks. If you require further information, please contact the Office of Rural & Regional Health.
- Continuous Professional Learning – teleconferences and regional conferences
- Insurance coverage for teaching
- Discounts on computer software and departmental purchases at the Bookstore
- Computer support and virus protection through Academic Information & Communication Technologies (AICT)
- Reimbursement for job-related travel expenses for rural faculty
- Access to various other University of Alberta resources, including the recreational facilities and travel services
- Further information can be obtained by contacting the Office of Rural & Regional Health