At the Office of Rural & Regional Health, we appreciate your participation in exposing medical learners to the exciting area of rural and regional medicine.
We have included some information and reminders for your program to be aware of concerning rotations:
- Preceptors at each of the rotation sites are granted an honorarium to recognize their teaching efforts. They will be supported with coaching via faculty development and on-site visits.The honoraria for medical student rotations, including electives, will be $1,300 per training month.
- The honoraria for PGY1 rotations, including electives, will be $1,100 per training month.
- The honoraria for PGY2 and beyond, including electives, will be $550 per training month.
- Physician preceptors are sent an honorarium confirmation form on a monthly basis. Currently, preceptor honoraria are made only after completion of evaluations of the learner on the One45 or access. Evaluations must be completed within 30 days of the end of the rotation.
- Please review the evaluation with the learner prior to submitting it.
- For medical learners on a core family medicine rotation, please make special note that a midpoint evaluation must also be completed.
- All expense and honoraria forms are returned to the Office of Rural & Regional Health. Preceptor honoraria will be paid upon confirmation of the completed rotation evaluations (where applicable).