The Office of Rural & Regional Health appreciates program participation in exposing medical learners to the excitement of rural and regional medicine.
We have included some information and reminders for your program to be aware of concerning rotations:
- Some programs may decide whether they would like medical students and/or residents to complete various evaluations.
- Before students and residents may receive reimbursement for expenses incurred during their rotation, they must complete evaluations (if required) via WebEval. Any program wishing to waive this requirement should advise the Office of Rural & Regional Health.
- At the end of the rotation, students have a to make an application for reimbursement. Reimbursements will not be considered after this period.
- The honoraria for medical student rotations, including electives, will be $1,300 per training month.
- The honoraria for PGY1 rotations, including electives, will be $1,100 per training month.
- The honoraria for PGY2 and beyond, including electives, will be $550 per training month.
- Please advise the Office of Rural & Regional Health immediately if learners make changes or cancel their core rural rotation. We will adjust our records accordingly and notify the appropriate contacts of the change.