Rotation Expense Reimbursement Guidelines & Processing Information
ORRH reimburses for mileage of one round trip/month. Please contact our office upon completion of your rural/regional rotation.
- Travel by personal vehicle is returned at $0.50 per km. This is based on predetermined mileage by the Alberta road map. No receipts are required.
- Public travel (ie. motor coach) requires original receipts.
- Approval to fly to a site other than High Level must be obtained by the ORRH.
- Once approval is given, price quotes must be obtained from at least two other sources and included when filing an expense claim form.
- Students have a maximum of 90 days from the last day of the rotation to submit an application for reimbursement to the ORRH. Reimbursements will NOT be considered after 90 days.
Rotation expenses reimbursement form can be found in this PDF document.
On behalf of the Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry, the Office of Rural & Regional Health gratefully acknowledges the financial support it receives from the Alberta Rural Physician Action Plan (RPAP). With their help, we are able to deliver several important programs including rural rotations, Rural Medicine Interest Groups and the Rural Alberta North (RAN) Residency Training Program.