The Office of Faculty Affairs has multiple roles related to academics, professionalism, leadership and faculty development for members of the faculty.
- One of its key functions is to foster professionalism across all programs in the faculty, and to ensure that standards of professionalism are being met.
- Another focus is on developing the leadership and managerial skills of academics in the Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry.
- This office also oversees clinical affairs. It provides a voice in the faculty’s administration for clinical academic colleagues who are teaching students on the job, and ensures, among other things, their recognition by appropriate faculty academic appointment.
- The office is the primary interface for clinical informatics as it relates to faculty members.
- The office co-ordinates search-and-selection processes in the faculty, elections for faculty standing committees and oversees other administrative matters related to faculty members.