These highly rated 3 hour sessions are designed for new and junior faculty who will be applying for tenure and promotion. Through interaction and simulation of a Faculty Evaluation committee (FEC) meeting, the workshop will help you gain insight into the FEC process by which faculty members’ contributions are recognized and rewarded, and receive guidance on how to best plan your career and prepare for tenure and promotion.
Specific objectives include helping faculty to:
- Recognize that an academic career evolves over time and begins at recruitment.
- Understand the criteria used to determine tenure acquisition and promotion to associate professor.
- Understand how to use the Annual Report to best represent your participation, contributions, and leadership.
- Understand the process of applying for tenure and promotion.
- Construct a Curriculum Vitae and Education Dossier that accurately describes positions, contributions, and achievements.
- Formulate a plan for academic accomplishment that ensures success in the tenure and promotion process.
- Appreciate the importance of mentorship in this process.
Workshops are held 3 times per year, usually in early winter, spring and fall.
If you are interested in attending one, please contact:
Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry
2J2.01 8440-112 Street
University of Alberta