Vivien Wulff, BComm, CA, CMC, FCIS
Vivien Wulff is a chartered accountant, a certified management consultant, a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators and an alumna of the School of Business at the University of Alberta. Wulff has been the executive director and chief operating officer of the faculty since 2004. Prior to joining the Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry at the University of Alberta, she held various senior leadership positions with KPMG Chartered Accountants, publicly traded pharmaceutical and manufacturing companies and a not-for-profit gaming and facilities management organization. She was also a key member of the Augustana University negotiations and change management team involved in the 2004 merger of this private university with the University of Alberta.
Wulff is also an active volunteer having held volunteer director and officer positions on not-for-profit boards such as the Alberta Capital Region United Way; she participates in Rotary International global health projects and is currently a member of the Chartered Accountants of Canada’s Women’s Leadership Council. In 2010, she was awarded a distinguished service award by the Alberta Institute of Chartered Accountants.
Role of Chief Operating Officer
- Overall responsibility for the design, implementation and management of efficient and effective administrative systems/structures for the Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry.
- The provision of strategic advice and guidance to the dean.
- Voting member:
- Dean's Executive Council
- Faculty Strategy Committee
- Faculty Council
- Chairs' Committee
- AHS/FoMD Joint Recruitment Committee
- Various other University administrative committees
- Non-voting member:
- Faculty Evaluation Committee
- FoMD Administrators Council, Departmental Administrative Committee
- FoMD IT Executive Committee
- FoMD Building Update Commitee
- Oversee all financial matters, including budget planning, financial reporting and determination of resource needs and allocations.
- Oversee human resource operations for academic and non-academic staff.
- Oversee Communications, MedIT and Facilities Planning and Projects.