The History of Medicine presents:
WESTERN CANADA'S FIGHT AGAINST POLIO BEFORE THE VACCINE
March 14, 2018
7 to 9 p.m.
Bernard Snell Hall
8440 112 St NW, Edmonton
(located in the University of Alberta Hospital, near the 112 Street entrance)
Featuring keynote speaker:
Stephen E. Mawdsley, PhD, FHEA
Lecturer in Modern American History
University of Alberta Alumnus
University of Bristol
Panel Discussion following the keynote featuring:
• Amy Samson, Historian, Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry, University of Alberta
• Stephen Mawdsley, Lecturer in Modern American History, University of Bristol
• Neil Brown, Professor Emeritus, Division of Pulmonary Medicine, Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry, University of Alberta
• Marion Chomik, Polio Survivor
• Stan Houston, Professor, Division of Infectious Diseases, Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry, University of Alberta
Free Admission. All are welcome!
RESERVE YOUR TICKET (registration is welcome but not required to attend)
2017 Past Event:
Thanks to all who made the 2017 History of Medicine event a huge success!
To view more Faculty events or submit an event, visit our Events Calendar