Through collaboration with the Women and Children's Health Research Institute (WCHRI), the Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry (FoMD), and the Northern Alberta Clinical Trials and Research Center (NACTRC), this important research support is available to researchers affiliated with the University of Alberta.
REDCap is a secure, web-based application for building and managing online research projects. It uses an intuitive, streamlined process for rapidly developing data entry forms in support of many types of research projects, such as surveys, chart reviews, clinical trials, longitudinal cohort studies and more. Using REDCap can significantly improve research data security and quality. It also eliminates the need to develop other project databases, which can be expensive and time consuming. REDCap is easy to use and comes complete with a library of online learning resources. Initial project setup and training sessions are provided free of charge.
- Secure and web-based – input research data from anywhere in the world with secure web authentication, data logging, and Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption.
- Multi-site access – REDCap projects are managed by the principal investigator and their research team, so access can be extended to collaborators from multiple sites and institutions.
- Fast and flexible - simple form design tools allow you to create a production-level database quickly, often in less than one day.
- Quality assurance – built-in tools allow for automated data management, such as data validation, branching, and stop actions.
- Import Data – easy tools for importing data from external sources to begin a study or to provide mid-study uploads.
- Export Data – simple data export functions support multiple file formats (SPSS, STATA, SAS, Excel, etc.); including downloadable data dictionary.
- Scheduling – use the built-in project calendar and scheduling module to organize events and participant appointments.
- Ad Hoc Reporting - create custom queries for generating reports to view or download.
- Randomization – create or link to randomization schemes
- Mobile app – the iOS and Android REDCap mobile applications allows data to be collected offline via tablets and smartphones.
- Local – REDCap servers are locally hosted at the University of Alberta!
Setup a new REDCap project
Receive REDCap training
More information on REDCap
Additional Support Services
For project teams who have available funding and require additional support services, WCHRI and EPICORE Centre are available to provide a number of value-added services including database development and data management.