Dr. White has been the Director of Undergraduate Surgical Education at the University of Alberta since 2007 and has recently completed a Masters of Medical Education, with a research project using qualitative methods to study the medical school admissions process.
He was named as the 2009 John Provan outstanding Canadian surgical educator,
and has also received a Provost’s Award for excellence in undergraduate education. He is currently one of the McCalla Professors for research into teaching.
· colorectal surgery
· transformational leadership in education
· the development of professional identity
· the uses of online education
· the use of qualitative methods to explore surgical practice
De-implementing low value care: a research program of the Choosing Wisely Canada Implementation Research Network
- Funding Source: Canadian Institutes of Health Research
- Year Granted: 2018
- Research Role: Co-Investigator