After finishing his BDS and Masters of Dental sciences, Dr. Abd-Elmeguid started his PhD of Medical sciences and dentistry at the Univeristy of Alberta and was accepted to the advanced graduate studies in Endodontics at Goldman School of Dental medicine, Boston University. Immediately thereafter, he became a fellow of the Royal College of Dentists in Canada and a certified endodontist.
Position & Discipline
- BDS (Hons), MDSc, CAGS (Endo), FRCD (C), PhD
- Assistant professor
- Head, Division of Endodontics
- Member of the Alberta Society of Endodontists
- Member of the Alberta Society of Dental Specialists
- Fellow, The Royal College of Dentists in Canada
- Member of the Alberta Dental Association and College
- Member of the Canadian Dental Association (CDA)
- Member of Boston University Goldman School of dental medicine alumni association.
- Member of the Boston University Endodontic Alumni Association.
- Member of Massachusetts Dental Society
- Member of the University of Alberta Alumni Association.
- Member of the Canadian Academy of Endodontics (CAE)
- Member of the American Association of Endodontics. (AAE)
- Member of the International Association of Dental Research. (IADR)
- Member of the Canadian Association of Dental Research. (CADR)
- Member of the Egyptian Association of Endodontics. (EAE)
- Member of the Egyptian Dental Union
- Dr. Mohamed Elsalhy: co-authored a research grant and a systematic review on teeth re-implantation in 2013 and 2014 respectively. Currently PhD student in the Department of Dentistry, U of Alberta.
- Mr. Andrew Kim: Summer student 2011 and 2012 in Pulmonary Research group, Department of medicine, Faculty of medicine and Dentistry, University of Alberta. Currently, Accepted as Dental Student University of Michigan, Michigan, USA.
- Dr. Arwa Siyam: Part-time Research assistant 2009 and 2010 at the Pulp biology lab, Dentistry/Pharm Building, Department of Dentistry, University of Alberta. Currently, practicing endodontist, Toronto, Ontario Canada. Part –time endodontic instructor, University of Toronto.