- MBBS: University of Kashmir, India - 1975
- MD: All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India - 1979
- Internal Medicine Residency: All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India and Victoria General Hospital, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia
- Nephrology Residency: St. Michael's and Toronto Western Hospitals, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario
- Nephrology Research Fellowship: St. Michael's Hospital, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario
Following completion of his nephrology training and research fellowship in 1987, Dr. Jindal was an Assistant Professor in the Division of Nephrology at Dalhousie University until 1993. He then became an Associate Professor within the Division and then Professor of Medicine in 1998. In addition, he was the Director of the Nova Scotia/PEI Regional Dialysis Program in the Department of Medicine at Dalhousie University from 1987 to 2003.
While in Halifax Dr. Jindal was actively involved in the improvement and expansion of dialysis services. During that period the Satellite Hemodialysis Program was initiated and expanded. He initiated a comprehensive dialysis education program for the Nephrology fellows resulting in several of the fellows taking leadership positions in dialysis in Academic centres.
Dr. Jindal moved to Edmonton in July 2003 to take on the roles of Regional Clinical Director of the Northern Alberta Renal Program, Deputy Director and Clinical Service Chief of the Division of Nephrology. His major role in the position will be to develop the Northern Alberta Renal Program as one of the premier renal programs with excellence in patient care, education and clinical research.
Dr. Jindal has a general nephrology, rural nephrology and diabetic renal disease out-patient practice and attending nephrologist on hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis units as well as in-patient Nephrology, transplantation and consultation services.