Berendt attended medical school at the University of Alberta in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. He was then accepted into the Laboratory Medicine and Pathology residency program at the University of Alberta. Dr.
Berendt is certified in both Clinical Pathology and Anatomic Pathology (FCAP US) and General Pathology and Anatomical Pathology in Canada (FRCPC).
- Breast Cancer
- Urologic Pathology, including Prostate Cancer and male genitourinary
- Primary unknown malignancy
- Breast biomarker program
- Tumor bank / tissue biorepository program
- Tissue Microarray program development
- IHC quality assurance, interlaboratory QC projects