Graduate Studies and Faculty Policy
At first glance, a list of so many policies to guide our professional behaviour may seem daunting and confusing. Understand that these policies have a great deal of overlap with one another, but need to exist as each one guides a slightly different group of people; you are in the unique position of belonging to all of these groups during your medical school training at the University of Alberta.
Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry Codes of Conduct
Faculty Code of Conduct
Faculty and staff within the Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry must adhere to the Faculty Code of Conduct. This is included in the Faculty Academic Staff Orientation Manual and is also on the FoMD webpages. This code of conduct guides the faculty with regards to their interactions with learners.
Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry Student Oath (Code of Conduct)
In their journey to become successful practitioners, the students of the Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry have constructed their own code of values, expectations and conduct to reflect the ideals that are integral to professionalism. The faculty has endorsed this document, which is consistent with The Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry Code of Conduct, and, in turn, expects students to commit to this code.
- Code of Applicant Behaviour, University Governance
- Code of Student Behaviour, University Governance
- Discrimination, Harassment and Duty to Accommodate Policy and Procedures, UAPPOL
- Practicum Intervention Policy, University Governance
- Protocol for Urgent Cases of Disruptive, Threatening or Violent Conduct, GFC Policy Manual, section 91
- Research and Scholarship Integrity Policy, UAPPOL
- Student Concerns and Complaints Policy – Records and Privacy, UAPPOL .
Academic Integrity and Intellectual Property
Research and Scholarship Integrity Policy
Guidelines for Authorship
Guidelines for Ownership of Research Materials
Graduate Students Supported by Research Contracts or Affiliated Institutions
Office of Professionalism Guidelines
These guidelines outline the typical approach to Incident and Accolade reports that are received through The Professionalism Button. Approach to each case is personalized, based on the specific details and circumstances.
Process for Handling an Incident Report
Process for Handling an Accolade Report