A maximum of 2 students will be accepted into the program each year.
Applicants to this program are required to apply using the graduate studies online application system.
Start term: Applications are accepted for the Fall (September) term only.
Application and supporting documents deadline: Applications and all supporting documentation, including reference letters, must be received by February 1.
- Official transcripts or marksheets and degree certificates from each university or post-secondary institution previously attended
- Proof of English language proficiency (if necessary).
- Proof of successful completion of a Medical Terminology course. This course can be in any format (online, in person, correspondence), taken from any institution. if the course will not be completed by the application deadline, submit a Medical Terminology Course Plan instead.
- Curriculum vitae or resumé (do not use the University of Alberta’s CV Form)
- Letter of intent. This letter should address the following:
- Why have you chosen this profession?
- Why are you a good fit for this profession?
- What are your professional goals and ambitions?
- Demonstrate / reflect on your attention to detail, fine motor skills, ability to multitask and manage competing priorities, computers skills.
- Three references (see Special Instructions below)
Except for references, all supporting documentation is uploaded during the application process.
Names and email addresses of referees are provided during the application process, and reference request emails are sent upon final submission of the application.
Evaluation of applications: All eligible applications will be assessed and ranked by the program’s admissions committee. Candidates who are shortlisted will be invited to an interview in February (in person or via videoconference).
Offers of admission: The applications of successful candidates will be forwarded to the Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research (FGSR) with a recommendation for admission. The FGSR makes a final review of the application, and only the FGSR may extend the official offer of admission.