Candidates will be contacted by the program administrator in December to arrange interview dates. Every effort will be made to accommodate the schedule of individual candidates. Interviews will be held January - February and will last approximately six hours. Candidates will be interviewed at two laboratory sites in Edmonton.
Candidates will be interviewed by the department chair, the residency program director and administrator, faculty members involved in residency training as well as residents currently in the program. Taxi and/or parking fees for travel between laboratories will be reimbursed. Telephone interviews will not be offered.
A personal letter must be submitted (not to exceed 500 words). Your autobiographical letter should answer the following questions:
- Why have you chosen the field of pathology? Support your discussion with personal experiences.
- What personal attributes do you possess that are advantageous to a career in pathology or laboratory-based medicine?
- What features of our program are appealing to you?
- What are your expectations of the program?
- What are your career goals and where do you see yourself upon completion of the program?
Submit only three letters of reference from academic and professional sources, including:
- supervisors of clinical rotations
- undergraduate elective supervisors
- research or postgraduate supervisors (where applicable)