To restore health through surgical intervention, remembering patient dignity and comfort are integral to overall health.
- To provide an environment of continuous learning and inquiry
- To create new knowledge about the effects of disease in humans
- To educate, recruit and retain the best surgeons and scientists
- To create an environment where surgical and scientific excellence, and teamwork are valued
- To promote and advance the highest moral and ethical standards in an environment of compassion and critical appraisal
- To seek and develop partnerships in pursuit of our mission within the faculty and the university, and with Alberta Health Services, other affiliated health care institutions, the provincial and federal governments, and foundations, agencies and individuals
We discover, interpret and disseminate new knowledge that promotes and restores health.
Respect, Compassion and Caring
We use these ideals to guide how we teach our students, care for our patients and work with our colleagues.
We carry out our responsibilities to our patients, our students and our colleagues, maintaining highest moral standards.
We conduct our teaching, research and patient care, in accordance with the highest international standards.
We work with our partners in education, research and health care for the greater good of the community.
We use our resources wisely.