MOMENTUM MAGAZINE CONTEST
Official rules and regulations
No purchase necessary
1. PRIZE DRAWS: The Momentum Magazine Contest (the “Draw”) is conducted by The Governors of the University of Alberta (the “University”) and administered on behalf of the University by the Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry (the “FOMD”). The Draw is an incentive for completion of the Momentum Magazine survey, which is an online survey requesting feedback on the Momentum Magazine. The Draw is open to all Momentum Magazine readers, who will be invited to complete the survey via email, and will be administered in accordance with the criteria as set out in these Official Rules. At the end of the survey, they have the opportunity to enter the Contest, regardless of whether they have answered all, some or none of the survey questions.
2. ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible for the Draw (an “Eligible Entrant”) you must be:
- Eighteen (18) years of age or older; and
- A reader of the Momentum Magazine;
(collectively, an “Eligible Entrant”)
You are not eligible for the Draw if you are a resident of Quebec. All decisions regarding eligibility to enter this Draw and the Entry Ballots will be determined by the University in its sole discretion. This Draw is void where prohibited by law.
3. NUMBER, APPROXIMATE VALUE OF PRIZE AND CHANCES OF WINNING: There is one (1) prize available to be won in the Draw (“Prize”). The Prize is described in paragraph 9 below. The chances of winning the Prize will depend on the number of Eligible Entrants received in accordance with these Official Rules by the Draw Closing Time as provided for in paragraph 4 below.
4. DRAW SCHEDULE: This Draw commences at 10:00 a.m. (Edmonton Time) on Wednesday, December 4, 2019 and closes at 10:00 a.m. (Edmonton Time) on Wednesday, December 11, 2019 (the “Entry Period”). Entry Ballots must be received by FOMD before the Draw Closing Time, which is 10:00 a.m. (Edmonton Time) on Wednesday, December 11, 2019 (the “Draw Closing Time”) to be eligible to win the Prize. Entry Ballots must be received before such Draw Closing Time as provided for in paragraph 5 to be eligible for the Prize.
5. HOW TO ENTER: No purchase is necessary to enter the Draw. To enter, the following rules apply
- After completing the Momentum Magazine Survey, whether all, some or none of the survey questions have been answered, survey participants will be directed to the following URL Entry Ballot: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/56GQDBD (the “Entry Ballot”) for receipt by the University before the Draw Closing Time. There is a limit of one (1) Entry Ballot per person. Illegible, incomplete required information as set forth on the Entry Ballot, late or garbled Entry Ballots will be disqualified
- All submitted Entry Ballots provided for in these Official Rules become the property of the University and will not be returned.
6. DRAW DETAILS: The draw will take place on Thursday, December 12, 2019, at 11:00 a.m. (Edmonton Time). The Eligible Entrant whose Entry Ballot is drawn at random (the “Selected Entrant”) and who has complied with these Official Rules will be the winner of the Prize (the “Winner”).
If necessary, should the Prize be unclaimed, or should the Selected Entrant be unwilling, unable or ineligible to win the Prize as set out in these Official Rules, the Prize will be forfeited and the University shall have the right to draw, as replacement only, an additional Entry Ballot.
All determinations of the Selected Entrant and the Winner by the University are final and binding. No communication with Eligible Entrants will be entered into except with the Selected Entrant. All matters related to the Draw and the verification of the eligibility of the Selected Entrant shall be conducted by the University, or by persons designated by the University in its sole and absolute discretion. All decisions made by the University in this regard are final and binding and cannot be challenged.
7. NOTIFICATION: The Selected Entrant will be notified via email or phone on Thursday, December 12, 2019 by 11:30 a.m. (Edmonton Time), at which time they will be asked the skill testing question to obtain their Prize. If the Selected Entrant does not respond or complete the skill testing question by 10:00 a.m. (Edmonton Time) on Saturday, December 14, 2019 as provided for herein, the Prize will be forfeited and the University may draw, as a replacement only, an additional Entry Ballot
8. DECLARATION OF WINNER: The Selected Entrant will not be declared the Winner in accordance with paragraph 6 unless and until:
- The University has determined that such entrant is an Eligible Entrant pursuant to these Official Rules; and
- The Selected Entrant correctly answers a time limited skill testing question as provided for in these Official Rules.
Once this verification takes place the Selected Entrant will be declared the Winner. The Prize set forth in paragraph 9 will be mailed to the Winner.
9. PRIZE: There is one (1) Prize in the Draw, consisting of a gift certificate to Biera Restaurant, with a value of $100.00 (CDN).
10. SKILL TESTING QUESTION: To win the Prize, the Selected Entrant must correctly answer unaided, the mathematical, time-limited, skill-testing question as follows:
60 multiplied by 4 divided by 6 minus 15 =_____ prior to being declared the Winner.
11. DRAW MODIFICATION OR CANCELLATION: The University reserves the right, without prior notice and at any time, to terminate the Draw, in whole or in part, or modify, suspend or extend the Draw in any way, if it determines, in its sole discretion, that the Draw is impaired or corrupted or that fraud or technical problems, failures or malfunctions (including without limitation, computer viruses, glitches or printing or production errors) have destroyed or severely undermined the proper conduct, integrity, and/or feasibility of the Draw. In the event the University is prevented from continuing with the Draw as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, flood, natural or manmade epidemic or health or other means, earthquake, explosion, labour dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war or any federal, provincial or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis, the order of any court or jurisdiction, or by any other cause not reasonably within the University’s control (each a “Force Majeure” event), then subject to any governmental approval which may be required, the University shall have the right to modify, suspend, extend or terminate the Draw.
12. PARTICIPATION: Participation in this Draw constitutes an agreement by each participant to comply with these Official Rules.
14. RELEASE AND INDEMNIFICATION: By entering the Draw, each participant: (a) releases and agrees to hold the University, its respective directors, officers, employees and agents harmless from and against any and all costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including, without limitation, bodily injury and property damage, or any other damage or loss, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, to participation in this Draw, any Draw related activity, or from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the Prize or participation in any Prize related activity; and (b) agrees to fully indemnify the University and its respective directors, officers, employees and agents from any and all claims on the part of any third party or parties related in any way and for any reason to the Draw or to the Prize, including, without limitation, death, and personal or property damage or injury.
15. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: The University assumes no responsibility or liability for incorrect, damaged, illegible, incomplete, mutilated, spoiled, destroyed, stolen, misplaced, lost, late, misdirected or incomplete Entry Ballots, which may be judged void, any notifications, responses, replies, or for any computer, telephone, hardware, software or technical malfunctions that may occur. The University assumes no responsibility for any theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Entry Ballots. The University is not responsible for any injury or damage to participants in the Draw.
16. PUBLICITY RELEASE: By entering the Draw, each participant who submits an Entry Ballot, hereby agrees and grants to the University, without further compensation, the unrestricted rights, but not the obligation, to use the entirety of the Entry Ballot, as set out in these Official Rules and otherwise, and to use his/her name, picture, portrait, likeness, voice, along with his/her address (City and Province) and any statements made by or attributed to such Eligible Entrants, or other individuals associated with an Entry Ballot, in any and all media, now known or hereafter devised, without notice, review or approval, in perpetuity and throughout the universe, for educational, advertising and promotional purposes in connection with the Draw, and any other promotions and programs, without further notice or compensation and hereby releases the University from any liability with respect thereto.
17. OFFICIAL RULES AND LAWS: These are the official rules (the “Official Rules”). This Contest is governed by and construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the Province of Alberta and federal laws of Canada applicable therein and the parties hereby attorn to the jurisdiction of the courts of the Province of Alberta. In the event a court determines that this Choice of Law clause is invalid or unenforceable as against an Entry Form, such Entry Form will be void. These Official Rules are subject to change without notice in order to comply with any applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws or the policy of any other entity having jurisdiction over UAlberta. These Official Rules, as amended from time to time, will be posted on the website at https://www.ualberta.ca/medicine/momentum-2019.
18. CONSTRUCTION: The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained in these Official Rules. Headings and captions are used in these Official Rules solely for ease of reference, and shall not be deemed to affect in any manner the meaning or intent of these Official Rules or any provision hereof. These Official Rules cannot be modified or amended in any way except in writing by a duly authorized representative of the University. Employees of the University are not authorized to modify, amend or waive these Official Rules.
19. PRIVACY: The personal information requested pursuant to these Official Rules is collected, used and disclosed under the authority of the Alberta Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (“FOIPP”) and will be protected in accordance with Part 2 of that Act. It will be collected, used and disclosed for the purpose of administration of the Contest. All personal information collected for the purposes of administration of the Contest will be retained for two (2) years from the closing of the Contest. Direct any questions about this collection, use or disclosure to: Salena Kitteringham at firstname.lastname@example.org or 780-492-5881.