The Director of Academic Technologies reports to the Vice Dean Education.
Participation in committees
The Director of Academic Technologies chairs the Information Management Education Subcommittee (IMES), and participates in the Information Management Steering Committee, (IMSC), the FoMD Faculty Learning Committee (FLC). as well as representing FoMD to the university through the Information Technology Advisory Committee (ITAC).
The Manager of Academic Technology participates in a number of committees and working groups related to education around the University of Alberta:
- University of Alberta e-Learning Change Advisory Board (eCAB);
- DDS Education Research and Scholarship Fund grant-review Committee;
- Instructional Design Group, University of Alberta;
- Online Program Support Group (OPSG)
- Association of Faculties of Medicine of Canada (AFMC) Medical Informatics and IT Networks