The Dental Hygiene Program provides an education that is highly responsive, scientific and professional, in a learning environment that is dynamic and student-centered. Small-group and case-based learning is used to foster an environment that encourages collaboration with peers and faculty.
A career in dental hygiene:
- offers flexible working schedules in pleasant and safe surroundings;
- offers above-average remuneration in a respected health care profession;
- offers the chance to practice internationally;
- can be enjoyed in a variety of professional settings, in private practice, at Universities and other educational institutions, research, industry, government and health agencies;
- plays a primary role in health promotion and prevention in a dynamic and changing health care system.
Beginning in Fall 2017 we will admit our first cohort of students into the degree-only program. The Diploma program will no longer be offered after Fall 2016.
Applicants will need to apply to the Bachelor of Science (Dental Hygiene Specialization) Degree Program. Moving from the diploma program to a degree program will serve to best address aspects of student learning and student wellness resulting in an enriched overall program experience for the students.