Approximately 10-15 Medical Sciences Graduate Program Scholarships valued at $6,500 each are available as a contribution to the stipend of students registered full time in a thesis based MSc or PhD in Medical Sciences Graduate Program (MSGP) in the Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry.
Successful applicants are announced in mid-December and are paid monthly from January 1 to December 31, 2018.
- Student must be currently registered or accepted to start as of January 2018 as a full-time thesis based graduate student in the Medical Sciences Graduate Program (MSc or PhD) in one of the following departments in the Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry:
- Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine
- Laboratory Medicine & Pathology
- Medical Genetics
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Radiology & Diagnostic Imaging
- The student may not concurrently hold any major awards ($13,000 or greater), or any other stipend award from the Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry (e.g. 75th Anniversary Award, FoMD/AHS Student Recruitment Studentships, Motyl Graduate Studentship).
- Student may be eligible to hold this award more than once.
- Award will be withdrawn if the student completes his/her program or ceases to maintain full-time registration.
If unsure of eligibility, please contact your department's graduate co-ordinator. Final decisions regarding eligibility for MSGPS funding rest with the MSGPC chair.
Deadline: Original copy of the application is to be submitted to the Office of Research, Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry, University of Alberta, 2-13 HMRC by Friday, September 29, 2017 at noon.
An application should include:
- A completed current application form with original signatures. Please do not use previous applications as forms are updated on a regular basis.
- The student's up-to-date transcripts in letter size unofficial and copies of original are acceptable as long as they are copied to letter size 8 1/2 x 11).
- All non UofA transcripts must include a Weighted Average Calculator Form to be completed by the department you are admitted in.
- Must include current UofA transcript even if there are no grades yet.
- Two confidential letters of reference which should be received in a signed and sealed envelope.
Curriculum vitae, reprints, ranking of applicants, or other documentation are not required and must not be attached to the application. Please do not double-side or use staples on any documents submitted.
If you require further information, please contact:
Office of Research
Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry
2-13 Heritage Medical Research Centre