IDEAS office TSP spotlight gallery
What is it?
TSP-I is an exciting new professional development opportunity for medical educators anywhere in the world to learn and share.
Who is it for?
TSP-I is for medical school faculty members and residents in training who love teaching or want the knowledge and skills to help them attain an academic career in medical education.
Where is it?
TSP-I happens anywhere you are. What makes this program different is that you can complete the full program from your home institution. All courses are online and synchronous at convenient times – either mornings or early evenings depending on where you are in the world.
How can it help me?
TSP-I courses provide participants a knowledge base and skills set in:
- educational theory
curriculum development important to medical school accreditation
- curriculum evaluation
- teaching skills – in the classroom or in the clinic
- writing educational grant proposals
- scholarly writing to publish, and
- medical education research
How is this program different?
TSP-I allows you to participate from the comfort of your own home or office or while away.
TSP-I courses are project based and always focus on applied knowledge. Each TSP-I course requires the completion of an educational project that participants present in class.
TSP-I gives you high quality and value with flexibility for your learning:
- you can take one or more courses without enrolling in a formal Certificate program
- you can complete a Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry non-credit Certificate in Teaching (3 courses)
- you can complete a Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry non-credit Certificate in Medical Education Research (3 courses)
- you can complete a Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry non-credit Certificate in Medical Education Research and Teaching (5 courses)