The Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry has world-class facilities for research, patient care and education.
The majority of pre-clinical education is conducted on the University of Alberta campus in proximity to the University of Alberta Hospital (UAH). During the pre-clerkship years (year 3 and 4), students train at a number of hospitals and medical clinics in the greater Edmonton area, as well as locations in north central Alberta.
Our Laboratories, Classrooms and Educational Resource Centres include:
- Edmonton Clinical Health Academy is a learner-focused centre where all University of Alberta health-science disciplines work collaboratively to develop a positive model for patient-centred care.
Li Ka Shing Centre for Health Research Innovation is home to many of the world’s best diabetes researchers.
Katz Group Centre for Pharmacy and Health Research houses a technologically advanced lecture hall and a number of breakout rooms which are open 24 hours for studying and small-group teaching sessions.
Zeidler Ledcor Clinical Training Centre includes custom-designed teaching clinic rooms equipped with closed-circuit digital video to allow students to review their clinical performance.
Health Science Education & Research Commons (HSERC) is both an academic and a physical space where interprofessional education curriculum is researched, developed, evaluated and delivered.
Some of Our Clinical Facilities:
- University of Alberta Hospital
- Cross Cancer Institute
- Edmonton Clinic
- Glenrose Rehabilitation Hospital
- Grey Nuns Hospital
- Walter C. Mackenzie Health Sciences Centre
- Mazankowski Alberta Heart Institute
- Misericordia Community Hospital
- Royal Alexandra Hospital
- Stollery Children's Hospital
- Sturgeon Community Hospital