The following steps will help guide you through the application process. It is essential that you review all important dates
before beginning your application.
- Ensure you meet all admissions requirements
. Please note that meeting the admission requirements does not guarantee admission.
- Review information on non-academic criteria.
- Release your MCAT
- Apply to the MD Program. Please note there are two applications.
First you must complete the UofA Online Undergraduate Application and pay the application fee. After you pay the application fee, a link to the Secondary Medicine Application will be made available. Deadline to apply is October 1, 2016. For further information on the application, refer to the application help guide
- Submit your transcripts
- Go to the Secondary Medicine Application to confirm document status of reference letters, MCAT scores and cumulative GPA.
- Continually check Bear Tracks regarding status of transcripts, and your UofA email account for communications from MD Admissions and the Registrar's Office regarding your application.