On October 6, 2010 the Faculty Management Committee approved the Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry IT Service Standardization initiative with the following objectives:
- To provide standardized and cost-effective computer services
- To expand standardized services across the entire Faculty (from the existing 1500 users to 3500). This includes the provision of virtual desktops to all clinical academic colleagues.
- To improve service response time
- To promote a fair and transparent cost recovery model
- To improve security through standardization
- Departments fund department standards
- Divisions fund division standards
- Non-standard devices are available to individuals and supported for a service fee.
To better serve you, we continually update our support mechanisms and standards.