The Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry Dean's Executive Committee (DEC) has met and decided on the following procedures for use of University equipment off-site.
Please refer to the University of Alberta’s checklist on the COVID-19 website regarding working remotely.
In addition, MedIT has received several inquiries from FoMD staff wishing to take home University equipment in order to allow them to work remotely. Supervisors should refer to the University’s Off-Campus Equipment Asset Guidelines here.
In order to assist staff that do not have their own home equipment, we ask that the following steps be followed if a FoMD employee requires University equipment.
- Employee’s Supervisor has approved the staff member to take home a device.
- Staff (or their Supervisor) submit a ticket to the MedIT Service Desk identifying the request.
- If Staff submitted the ticket, MedIT will verify Supervisor approval through the ticketing software (PI’s for their research area, APO’s for departments, etc.)
- MedIT needs to be involved early to ensure the device is properly configured to work from home.
- It is the Supervisor's responsibility to track equipment off-site, and ensure it is returned when appropriate.
- MedIT will contact the Staff member to configure their device.
Please note, this should involve only the basic hardware you require in order to do your work. Furthermore, printers, scanners, fax machines, and PC towers are not to be removed from campus.