Before going home, please do the following (important) steps:
1. Contact MedIt at 780-492-9731 to get your account enabled for VPN and to have Remote Desktop enabled on your work computer.
2. The MedIT analyst will also provide you with the IP Address of your work computer as well as reserve the IP address so it will not change.
FortiClient VPN Setup for MAC Computer
Note: User must be part of the VPN-Users group.
1. VPN Client – Installation Instructions
- Go to VPN Website.
- Login with your med credentials
- Once you login select MAC from the drop down menu.
- Click INSTALL
2. Follow the instruction below by clicking on Continue.
3. Then Continue again.
4. Click on Install
5. When prompted provide your username and password click on Install Software
6. You should be prompted by "The Installation was successful" now click Close
7. Now to connect to your work PC, click on Applications and then double-click on FortiClient icon
8. In the Remote Access tab select VPN Name or to add a new connection click on drop down icon and select Add Connection
9. Provide the following information as shown below and click Add
10. Once connected you will see the following screen. Your VPN session will remain active for as long as you keep the client running. Click Disconnect to terminate the connection.
11. Microsoft Remote Desktop app is available to download from the Mac app store
12. Once Remote Desktop is installed double click on it
13. Click New
14. On the following screen input a Connection name, your work PC's IP address, med\username, password and Close
15. Select your desktop from My Desktop and click on Start to initiate your connection and follow prompts to verify credentials to connect