MedIT has customized services, solutions and supports tailored to meet your dynamic needs. We can help with your day-to-day work with technology and keep you connected, versatile, up-to-date and competitive with other researchers.
We have applications and services developed especially for you, the FoMD researcher. Providing business technology innovation means proactively, intuitively and comprehensively working with you to develop technologically streamlined solutions. Visit the links below to learn more (more content to come--we're just really excited about REDCap!) .
- Research Electronic Data Capture (REDCap)
- REDCap is a secure, web-based application for building and managing online research project databases. It uses an intuitive, streamlined process for rapidly developing data-entry forms in support of many types of research projects, such as online surveys, chart reviews, clinical trials and longitudinal cohort studies.
- Women & Children's Health Research Institute (WCHRI)
- WCHRI offers a broad range of services to help researchers develop high quality, competitive funding applications, produce high quality research results and staff projects with trained, high-caliber personnel.
- Epidemiology Co-ordinating & Research (EPICORE) Centre
- The EPICORE Centre provides complete service for medical research projects, including preliminary consultations, grant application assistance, data collection and analysis and more.
- Research Services Office
- The RSO provides services to help researchers manage their project-related information, including applications, ethic board approval, funding, etc. The services are provided through 3 systems: Grants 2.0, eTRAC and Hero.
- Education & Research Archive (ERA)
- The ERA is an online repository service, provided by the University of Alberta Libraries, to collect, disseminate and preserve the intellectual output of the University of Alberta.
- Research Collaboration Services (RCS)
- The FoMD established a collaboration platform through MedIT with Microsoft's SharePoint technology. This platform allows researchers to collaborate on projects, share, upload and access documents online, setup virtual meeting space, etc. The FoMD also uses a SharePoint platform with the Faculty of Medicine at the University of Calgary, allowing researchers to collaborate across 2 institutions.
- Cybera provides the University of Alberta with a high-speed cyber infrastructure to distibute information, communication and computing technologies for researchers across Alberta.