A variety of hardware/software solutions and products are available from MedIT for users who need to store sensitive information on their mobile or personal computer devices or access sensitive information from off campus.
- iPhone - Data protection is available by enabling an unlock passcode
- Android - Device encryption can be enabled through the Android settings menu
- IronKey - Encrypted USB sticks for transporting data
- BitLocker Drive Encryption - Drive encryption feature found in Pro, Enterprise, and Ultimate versions of Windows
- FileVault - Encrypt the contents of your entire hard drive on Apple computers
- Network Data Storage - Secure storage on MedIT servers
- Virtual Desktops - Access a secured computer remotely
Ask a Question
If you have questions about encryption and/or the policies, please direct them to the MedIT Service Desk.