A variety of hardware/software solutions and products are available from MedIT for users who need to store sensitive information on their mobile or personal computer devices or access sensitive information from off campus.
- iPhone - Data protection is available for devices that offer hardware encryption, including iPhone 3GS and later, all iPad models, and iPod touch (3rd generation and later)
- IronKey - Encrypted USB sticks for transporting data
- Network Data Storage - Secure storage on MedIT servers
- Virtual Desktops - Access a secured computer remotely
- BitLocker Drive Encryption - Drive encryption feature found in most versions of Windows 7 or later that encrypts all data stored on the Windows operating system volume.
- FileVault 2 - Encrypt the contents of your entire hard drive on Macintosh computers running the latest version of Lion or later.
Ask a Question
If you have questions about encryption and/or the policies, please direct them to the MedIT Service Desk.