Candidates for the post-professional certification BSc must meet these requirements:
- Hold general certification from the Canadian Society for Medical Laboratory Science (CSMLS).
- Received general certification in the last five years, or have been working at least part-time in the last five years.
- Meet English-language requirements as specified in the University of Alberta Calendar.
- Applicants must submit official transcripts from their technical institute or community college, clinical training site (if not on technical school transcript) and other post-secondary institutions. The results of CSMLS certification examinations must be submitted as well. These should be submitted to the Registrar's Office.
- Applicants should also submit a letter indicating employment history as a medical technologist with particular attention paid to the description of the type of work in which they were involved. In this letter, a description of career goals and reasons for seeking admission to the B.Sc. program in Medical Laboratory Science should be included.
After March 1, a paper application is required for this program. Contact the division at email@example.com or 780-492-6601 prior to applying.