Candidates for the post-professional certification BSc must have:
- Successfully completed the Canadian Society for Medical Laboratory Science (CSMLS) General Certification, and
- Within the last five years either completed the CSMLS general certification or have related work experience.
The following steps will help guide you through the application process to the Bachelor of Science in Medical Laboratory Science degree completion program in the Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry at the University of Alberta.
Applications for September 2020 admission are now being accepted at Undergraduate Admissions. Choose the Start Application button under Fall 2020 Applicants.
It is essential that you complete all required steps.
Please monitor your UAlberta LaunchPad and @ualberta email account for any correspondence. Communications from the Medical Laboratory Science Office and the Office of the Registrar regarding your application will be directed to your @ualberta email account.
Contact the Division of Medical Laboratory Science at email@example.com or 780-492-6601 prior to applying.
Application deadline – July 1
Supporting documents - due August 1:
- CSMLS - General Certification: verification of certification must be mailed directly from the Canadian Society for Medical Laboratory Science to: Medical Laboratory Science, 5-411 Edmonton Clinic Health Academy , University of Alberta, 11405 87 Ave NW, Edmonton AB, T6G 1C9.
- Official transcripts from all postsecondary institutions.
*Note: Transcripts must be submitted to the Office of the Registrar directly from the issuing institutions. If you are a current or former UAlberta student, your UAlberta transcripts will be submitted automatically by the Office of the Registrar.
- The following are uploaded to UAlberta LaunchPad during the application process:
- A letter indicating employment history as a medical technologist with particular attention paid to the description of the type of work in which you were involved. In this letter, a description of career goals and reasons for seeking admission to the B.Sc. program in Medical Laboratory Science should be included.
- Proof of English language proficiency (if required)