In addition to the requirement for a minimum GPA of 3.2 in Year 1 pre-professional course work, students wishing to apply to the B.Sc. in Radiation Therapy program must also complete a series of non-academic requirements as follows. Please note that this is a competitive program, and meeting the admission requirements does not guarantee entrance.
1. CAREER REFLECTION LETTER. Deadline: April 1
Applicants must submit a letter outlining evidence of personal reflection regarding their career choice, professional goals, personal skills and attributes, knowledge of the profession, related experience and reasons for seeking admission to the Radiation Therapy program.
Criteria for submission:
- Applicant clearly outlines their decision-making process and reason for seeking admission to the Radiation Therapy program versus other health professions.
- Applicant demonstrates evidence of a relationship between personal experiences, skills and attributes and the Radiation Therapy specialty.
- Applicant clearly describes and explains future aspirations and professional goals.
Letters must be submitted electronically in Word or PDF format, and follow these specifications:
- No more than three pages in length.
- Typed, using a standard 12-pt font.
2. PERSONAL INTERVIEW PROCESS – Late April/early May
Interview selection is based on post-secondary academic records and the career reflection letter. Selected applicants will be interviewed to determine if they have the personal qualities necessary for the profession.
The interview evaluates such characteristics as: Communication, professionalism, decision-making, teamwork, conflict resolution, responsibility, initiative, problem-solving, prioritization and organization.
Short-listed applicants will be advised of the interview date.
3. SPOKEN LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT
Besides demonstrating overall English language proficiency, students need a further level of spoken English proficiency regardless of their citizenship status or country of origin.
As such, a OEFL/TSE (Test of English Fluency/Test of Spoken English) may be required.
4. TECHNICAL STANDARDS SELF-ASSESSMENT REQUIREMENT
Applicants are asked to review “Radiation Therapy Program Technical Standards Self-Assessment and Details,” and complete the questionnaire contained in Appendix A of the document. This document is intended to provide guidance to students contemplating application to the program.