There are various career development prospects available for radiation therapists who wish to advance their talent, skill, knowledge, and education. These opportunities encompass:
• Graduate studies.
• Advanced and professional practice roles.
• Health supervisory and leadership jobs.
• Faculty teaching and research positions at universities.
• Sales and applications specialist roles with vendors.
• Regulatory careers overseeing radiation protection and safety activities.
Many cancer centres in Canada offer radiation therapists the opportunity to rotate into or work full time in subspecialty areas such as medical dosimetry and brachytherapy.
Finally, radiation therapists have the advantage and privilege to work in numerous countries around the globe due to the unique and specialized knowledge required in the profession.