Out-going Electives

Residents registered in the Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry are eligible to complete an elective at another university. Residents interested in completing an elective at another medical school can complete the Out-Going Elective Registration Form and submit it to the PME Office. Residents should contact the program director to discuss the details of the elective prior to submitting the form.

Residents are responsible for arranging their own liability insurance. They will not be allowed to partake in their program if they lack adequate insurance. Insurance can be secured through:

Please note that residents completing a foreign elective are required to submit the Outgoing International Elective Form at least 6 months in advance and they are also responsible for any other necessary paperwork.

Residents from other universities who are interested in participating in a University of Alberta elective should review In-coming Electives.