Mr Ryan Jacobson, M.Ed., R. Psychologist
Since graduating from the U of A (M.Ed, Counselling Psychology) in 2014, Ryan has focused his clinical practice on formal assessment and treatment of various mental health, interpersonal, adjustment and learning-related challenges. He works primarily with adults in outpatient settings, and enjoys the process of connecting and collaborating (co-labouring) with patients to facilitate healing, improve functioning, and promote health and wholeness.
While diverse and integrative in his approach, Ryan primarily utilizes theories and techniques based on Acceptance and Committment Therapy (ACT), Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT).
Ms Sophia Parks, M. Counselling, R. Psychologist
Sophia became a Registered Psychologist in 2015. She enjoys working with individuals to address a wide range of issues including: stress, life transitions, anxiety, depression, loss, grief, and trauma. Sophia believes in creating a safe(r) space for her clients to be able to find compassion and a path to understanding how life patterns and environments have helped them flourish or held them back from truly fulfilled living.
She works from an eclectic approach, and is grounded in mindful, body-focused psychotherapy. She also uses the following therapies: Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Dialectical Behavioural Therapy, Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) Prolonged Exposure Therapy, Clinical Hypnosis, and Mindful Self-Compassion.
Examples of issues for which you can access support
- Mood disorders (Depression, bipolar disorder, etc.)
- Anxiety, social anxiety, panic disorder, phobias
- Trauma, sexual abuse/assault, Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Eating disorders and disordered eating
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Sexual orientation, identity and gender expression
- Stress management and burnout
- Critical incidents and vicarious trauma
- Self-harm and emotion regulation
- Relationships and family concerns
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Exposure and Response Prevention (EXRP)
- Prolonged Exposure (PE)
- Gottman method (couples therapy)