Up to twenty five awards valued at $7,000 will be offered for a period of one year: January 1 to December 31, 2018.
Successful applicants will be announced in mid-December.
- Students registered full-time in a thesis based M.Sc. or PhD in the Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry at the University of Alberta.
- Preference will be given to PhD Students or M.Sc. students in a program track leading toward a PhD program.
- Recipients of a 75th Anniversary Award may not hold a major award ($13,000 or greater), or any other stipend award from the Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry at the University of Alberta.
- Recipients of 75th Anniversary Awards are expected to apply for other sources of stipend support for current and subsequent years of study.
- Applications from former recipients of a 75th Anniversary Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry Graduate Student Award will not be considered.
Deadline: The complete application must be submitted by noon on Friday, September 22, 2017.
Applicants must submit an original paper copy of each of the following documents to the Office of Research, Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry, University of Alberta, 2-13 HMRC
- A completed current application form with original signatures. Please do not use previous applications as forms are updated on a regular basis.
- The student's up-to-date official transcripts, including undergraduate transcripts. The entire package must be formatted onto letter-size (81/2 x 11") pages. Non letter-size official transcripts should be copied, reduced in size and signed by the graduate administrator certifying that they are copied from the transcripts on file with the home department.
- Please include current UofA transcript even if there are no grades
- All non U of A transcripts must include a Weighted Average Calculator Form to be completed by the department you are admitted in.
- Two letters of reference, one of which must be from the supervisor in signed and sealed envelopes.
- Curriculum vitae, reprints, ranking of applicants, or other documentation are not required and must not be attached to the application. Please do not double-side or use staples on any documents submitted.
Applications are considered by an awards evaluation committee, chaired by the Associate Dean Research, Graduate Programs in the Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry.
If you require further information, please contact:
Office of Research
Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry
2-13 Heritage Medical Research Centre