Up to twenty five awards valued at $7,000 will be offered for a period of one year: January 1 to December 31, 2020.
Successful applicants will be announced in mid-December.
- Students registered full-time in a thesis based M.Sc. or PhD in the Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry at the University of Alberta.
- Preference will be given to PhD Students or M.Sc. students in a program track leading toward a PhD program.
- NEW: Applicants must have a minimum GPA of 3.3 from their previous 30 graded credits.
- Recipients of a 75th Anniversary Award may not hold a major award ($13,000 or greater), or any other stipend award from the Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry at the University of Alberta.
- Recipients of 75th Anniversary Awards are expected to apply for other sources of stipend support for current and subsequent years of study.
- Applications from former recipients of a 75th Anniversary Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry Graduate Student Award will not be considered.
Deadline: The complete application must be submitted by 4 p.m. on the application deadline (TBA).
Applicants must submit their complete application electronically as ONE PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org. A complete application includes:
- A completed current application form with signatures. Please do not use previous applications as forms are updated on a regular basis.
- The student's up-to-date transcripts, including undergraduate transcripts. NEW: Transcripts do not need to be official, but must be complete and current. They do not need to be signed off by a graduate coordinator or administrator but MUST be copies of those submitted to the University of Alberta when you applied, or copies of the official ones sent to FGSR at a later date, post-admission. Those selected to receive an award may have their transcripts validated. If transcripts are not in English or French, do not submit original language versions -- please submit the translations only.
- Please include current UofA transcript even if there are no grades
- A weighted average calculation of your most recent 30 graded credits. Your graduate administrator can assist with this.
- Two letters of reference, one of which must be from the supervisor, in signed and sealed envelopes OR submitted electronically directly to email@example.com.
- Curriculum vitae, reprints, ranking of applicants, or other documentation are not required and must not be attached to the application.
NEW: The same application form is used to apply for the 75th Anniversary Award, the Graduate Student Recruitment Studentship, and the Dean's Doctoral Award. Submit the form ONCE and indicate in the space provided which of the competitions you are applying to. Please ensure your eligibility for each of the competitions you check off on the form.
The 2019-2020 application form will be available in late spring 2019.
Applications are considered by an awards evaluation committee, chaired by the Associate Dean Research, Graduate Programs in the Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry.
If you require further information, please contact:
Office of Research
Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry
2-13 Heritage Medical Research Centre