About the UHFMRC
This competition provides one-year research operating grants for up to $35,000 to fund innovative, translational research for clinician scientists in the Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry. Although applications in all areas of biomedical, clinical, health services and outcomes research are acceptable, a clear linkage to clinical problems in adults is required.
- The University Hospital Foundation encourages applications from new investigators (those within five years of their first academic appointment). It is expected that project funding will form the basis for subsequent and simultaneous applications for peer-reviewed external funding (e.g. CIHR). Projects currently funded by another source will be given lower priority.
- Established investigators may apply but are especially encouraged to participate in projects as co-investigator(s)/collaborator(s) with new investigators.
- Either the principal investigator or the co-PI are required to hold a primary appointment with Alberta Health Services at the University of Alberta Hospital, Mazankowski Alberta Health Institute, or the Kaye Edmonton Clinic AND a faculty appointment with the Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry.
- See the 2019 Guidelines found here.
- Registration is mandatory. To do so, email the MRC Grant Administrator with the PI, co-PI and co-applicant names and the tentative title of the proposed application by October 9, 2019 at 4:00 pm.
- Contact: MRC Grant Administrator
Registration: Wednesday, October 9, 2019 by 4:00 pm
Full application: Thursday, October 24, 2019 before 4:00 pm (Submit on-line AND paper copy to the FoMD Office of Research).
The application portal is not opened. Notice will be shown here and by an email to FoMD faculty members when the portal opens for 2019 applications.
Grant Review Committee