There are a variety of funding opportunities for clinical health research available at national- (Canadian Institutes of Health Research) and provincial-levels (Alberta Innovates), however, this page is dedicated to highlight local funding sources that may be less well-known or disseminated.
Alberta Health Services Office of the Chief Medical Office Quality Innovation Funding
- This funding opportunity ($225,000 for the Edmonton Zone in 2017/18) is intended to support physician-led quality improvement projects with the purpose to engage and enable providers, teams, patients and family members to improve healthcare practice and process based on evidence.
- Additional information & application template
- Deadline: March 03, 2017
- Contact: Janine Cousineau
Worker's Compensation Board - Alberta Research Grants Competition
University Hospital Foundation Medical Research Competition (UHFMRC)
Campus Alberta Health Outcomes and Public Health Meetings Grant Award
- The Universities of Alberta, Calgary, and Lethbridge collaborate to provide funding up to $5,000 for 4 - 8 researchers annually to conduct pan-Alberta networking meetings pertaining to population health, social determinants of health, and patient engagement. Funded meetings are expect to present findings at the annual Campus Alberta Health Outcomes conference. The next competition cycle will be announced in August, 2017.
- 2016 recipients
- Contact: Dr. Lawrence Richer