This generous endowment funded by Jan Chalk, previous Assistant Chair (Administration), supports contract instructors in the Department of Modern Languages and Cultural Studies.
1. Exhibits a consistently superior command of the subject matter.
2. Instills in students a vital interest in, and enthusiasm for, the subject.
3. Consistently demonstrates a concern for student progress and is available and approachable for out of classroom consultation.
4. Strongly encourages and fosters independent study.
5. Generates a desire for continued learning.
This award is granted by the Chair's Executive Committee annually and presented at Department Council. Winners include:
- Ute Blunck (German)
- Christine Mhina (Swahili)
- Marianne Lindvall (Swedish, Norwegian)
- Mathieu Martin-Leblanc (French)
- Andrea Hayes (French)
- Crystal Sawatzky (German)
- Patrizia Bettella (Italian)
- Kate Primorac (Spanish)
- Carmela Bruni-Bossio (Spanish)
- Jolanta Lapiak (ASL)
- Nada Chehayeb (French)