MACS offers collections care advice, services, and training to UAlberta Museums staff, students, and volunteers in several areas including:
- Care and handling of museum objects
- Collections data management and digitization
- Packing of museum objects for transportation
- Object condition and treatment assessments
- Storage cabinets, security, materials, and methodology (e.g., inventory control)
- Exhibitions (e.g., materials, mounts, and light levels)
- Integrated Pest Management, including pest monitoring and pest infestation response
- Emergency Preparedness and operations continuity (visit the Museum Emergency Preparedness page).
For more information regarding UAlberta Museums training opportunities visit the Museum Training page or contact MACS directly.