PREPARATIONS PRIOR TO WINTER CLOSURE
For the 2018 Holiday and Winter Closure, UAlberta Museums and Collections Services will serve as your primary contact for alarm notifications and emergencies. In all instances, UAlberta Museums and Collections Services will then inform your collection’s lead emergency contact.
To ensure that all spaces housing UAlberta Museums’ collections are well secured over the Closure, and that any problems are detected and resolved as early as possible, please perform the following before December 21, 2018:
- Inform UAlberta Museums and Collections Services as early as possible if all responsible collections staff will be away for the duration of the Closure;
- Conduct a final walk through of all spaces to ensure there are no outstanding issues, and to unplug and shut down unnecessary equipment;
- Ensure all doors and windows are shut and securely locked; and ensure alarm system (if applicable) is turned on;
- If there are specific collections concerns (e.g., history of leaks, risk of theft, etc.), were recommend that a collections staff member completes at least one on-site check of all spaces during the Closure period;
- Read and follow Risk Management Services' "Securing Your Workspace for the 2018 Winter Closure" to help further secure your collections for the Closure. The link to this message is: https://www.ualberta.ca/risk-management/winterclosure2018