As a post-secondary class, you are requesting access to the University of Alberta Art Collection or Mactaggart Art Collection on behalf of a class from a post-secondary institution.
These requests are required to come from those responsible for the class (professor or teaching assistant).We allow a maximum of 20 individuals in the collection at any one time. If your class exceeds this number, please note that we will require more notice than the minimum 15 days in advance to accommodate and we may split the larger group up into smaller, more manageable groups. If your class has a student that requires special assistance, please inform us in advance of your arrival to help accommodate.
Before you request a tour of the UAlberta Art Collection or the Mactaggart Art Collection, please ensure you know and have done the following:
1. Have a tour date in mind – please note that we require tour requests to be submitted a minimum of 15 business days before the tour. There is the opportunity to list three possible dates in the online form.
2. Read our Visitor Regulations [PDF]
3. Note that we have the right to refuse any tour request and those reasons include but are not limited to:
- Terms of Agreement are not signed
- Staff shortages or pre-existing conflicts with chosen and alternate dates and times
- Request does not meet security requirements
- Request is outside the scope of what the University of Alberta Museums offers
- Purpose of visit is not appropriate or substantiated
University of Alberta Museums
- Visitor Regulations are repeatedly violated
- Repeated Client cancellation or failure to attend
Book a Tour:
Fill out and submit an online form (please ensure you have read the Terms and Conditions)
The University of Alberta Museums reviews every request and will reach out within five (5) business days to discuss your request.