- PhD (Rehabilitation Medicine), University of Alberta (2013)
- MN (Nurse Practitioner, Adult Oncology), University of Alberta (2006)
- BScN, University of Alberta (2000)
- Nursing Diploma, University of Alberta Hospitals School of Nursing (1984)
- Department of Medicine Collaboration, Cooperation and Teamwork Award, 'Cardio-Oncology Team', University of Alberta, 2015
- Award of Excellence, Lymphoma Canada 2014
My PhD work has focused on the cardiotoxic effects of traditional and novel anti-cancer therapies. I am a Co-Lead of the Edmonton Cardiology-Oncology Research (ENCORE) program, aiming to prevent, diagnose and treat the cardiotoxic effects of cancer therapies. In collaboration with the Department of Oncology, Cardiology, Faculties of Biomedical Engineering and Rehabilitation Medicine, we have initiated several clinical and research projects in this area. I also aim to improve accessibility, efficiency and effectiveness of health services by studying the contributions of multiple health care providers across the cancer care trajectory.