- Post-Doctoral Studies, Centre for Knowledge Transfer (2002-2004)
- PhD (Nursing), University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta (1999)
- MEd (Educational Administration), University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta (1988)
- BScN, University of Windsor, Windsor, Ontario (1979)
- BA (Psychology), University of Windsor, Windsor, Ontario (1979)
- CASN Wendy McBride Accreditation Reviewer Award of Excellence
- 2013 CASN Nursing Education Pat Griffin 2013 Research Scholar Award
- 2011 CACCN Editorial Award for “Novice Nurses’ First Death in Critical Care"
- 2009 Quebec's Minister of Education, Leisure and Sports (MELS) book recognition award for Loiselle, C., Profetto-McGrath, J., Polit, D., & Beck, C. (2007). Méthodes de recherché en sciences infirmières. Approaches quantitatives et qualitatives.
- 2008 Canadian Nurses Association Centennial Award
My clinical background is medical/surgical nursing where I worked as a staff nurse, team leader and nurse educator. I have held several administrative roles in educational settings with responsibilities for courses and programs coordination, curriculum development, implementation and evaluation, clinical placements, student services and faculty mentorship and supervision. I have taught a variety of nursing theory and clinical courses in undergraduate programs (generic, post-RN, and after degree) as well as courses in MN and PhD programs.