- PhD (Nursing), University of British Columbia (2013)
- MN, University of British Columbia (2004)
- BScN, University of Victoria (1996)
- Certificate in Gerontology, Malaspina University-College (1996)
- BVEd, University of Regina (1992)
- Certificate of Administration, University of Regina (1990)
- Nursing Diploma, Wascana Institute, (1979)
Sherry Dahlke joined the Faculty of Nursing after completing her PhD and a career that included practice in acute and community care, teaching, administration and research. She is the past president for a local chapter of the Gerotological Association of British Columbia. Currently she is the treasurer for the Edmonton chapter of the Alberta Gerontological Nurses Association, on the board for the Alberta Association of Gerontology and Geriatrics, and secretary for the Mu Sigma chapter of Theta Sigma Tau.