Our 2016/17 enrolment includes 1,321 undergraduate students (all programs), 48 Master of Nursing students and 66 doctoral students.
Our undergraduate programs include:
- A Collaborative Undergraduate BScN Program involving a partnership with Grande Prairie Regional College, McEwan College, Keyano College, and Red Deer College has operated since 1997
Opportunities for RPNs to achieve a BScN degree
- An After Degree BScN Program that was initiated in Fall 2002; the Camrose-based After Degree Program started in Spring 2006
- A Bilingual BScN Nursing Program that was initiated in Fall 2004 and is offered in collaboration with Faculté Saint-Jean
- A Nursing Honors Program that is available for high-achieving undergraduate students
- We implemented the first Master of Nursing program in western Canada in 1975
Our faculty is among the first in the country to offer fully online PhD studies
- In 1991, we began the first fully-funded Nursing PhD program in Canada
We currently have 50 tenure-track faculty members, 42 faculty lecturers, and approximately 97 sessional lecturers. In the 2016/17 fiscal year, our faculty members received 51 research grant awards and had 114 active research projects.
We have three funded research chairs:
Our faculty have won multiple teaching and research awards at the local, provincial and national level, including: